Banana is an instant energy booster. Banana is commonly available across all countries around the globe.
The local names of bananas in India are kela (Hindi), Arati Pandu (Telugu), Vazhai Pazham (Tamil), BaleHannu (Kannada), Ethapazham (Malayalam), Kella / Kela (Punjabi), Kele / Kel (Marathi), Keda (Gujarati), Kollaa (Bengali).
Bananas are exceptionally healthy as they provide numerous health benefits. It is a versatile fruit that contains many nutrients including vitamins A, B, C and E along with minerals like potassium, zinc, iron and manganese. Just as eating a banana helps in keeping your body in good health and great shape, application of this fruit on your hair and skin will help you to keep them in great condition.
Uses and Benefits of Banana-
1. Banana is loaded with fiber, both soluble and insoluble. The soluble fiber has the tendency to slow down digestion and keep you feeling full for a longer time.
2. Fiber-rich foods such as bananas can lower risk of both cardiovascular disease (CVD) and coronary heart disease (CHD).
3. Banana is a heavyweight when it comes to nutrition. It is loaded with essential vitamins and minerals such as potassium, calcium, manganese, magnesium, iron, folate, niacin, riboflavin, and B6. These all contribute to the proper functioning of the body and keeping you healthy.
4. The high content of potassium in bananas makes it a super fruit. It helps in regulating heartbeat, blood pressure, and keeps the brain alert.
5. Due to the high iron content in bananas, they are good for those suffering from anaemia. Anaemia is a condition where there is a decrease in the number of red blood cells or haemoglobin in the blood.
6. Bananas being a rich source of potassium, if consumed regularly in moderation, promote renal health.
7. Rich in antioxidants and dietary fibre, consumption of bananas reduce risk of various types of cancer, especially bowel cancer.